VISUAL ARTS, POETRY, COMMUNITY ARTS, MEDIA & ADVERTISING
"My art is my search for the moments beyond the ones of self knowledge. It is the rhythmic fantasy; a restless streak which looks for its own fulfillment! A stillness that moves within! An intense search for my origin and ultimate identity". - Meena

Meena Chopra - Poetry and Art

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Memories of Space - शून्य की परछाईं

All the stars
engulfed in silence
trying to grab
the hands of futility.
The day explodes.
Whiteness spills
the residues of
the waning moon.
Death of the night
is still alive
in the memories of space.
- Meena Chopra


(Transcreation)
सितारों में लीन हो चुके हैं स्याह सन्नाटे
ख़लाओं को हाथों में थामें
दिन फूट पड़ा है लम्हा - लम्हा
रोशनी को अपनी
ढलती चाँदनी की चादर पर बिखराता
अंधेरों की गहरी मौत
शून्य की परछाईं में धड़कती है अब तक
जिंदा है
न जाने कब से —
न जाने कब तक
- Meena Chopra


(Above drawing by Meena Chopra)
sitaron me leen ho chuke hain syah sannate
khalaon ko haathon me thame
din phoot pada hai lamha - lamha
roshanee ko apani
dhalti chandani ki chaader per bikhrata.
andhoron ki maut
shunya ki parchhaien me
dhadakati hai ab tak
zinda hai
na jane kab se -
na jane kab tak!
(above drawing by Meena Chopra)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

making my eyes on your creations I've become a fan of yours. I've got inspiration for my life.

Anita said...

Very deep thought! :)

Meena C hopra said...

Thanks.

mridula pradhan said...

wah.very nice....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My links at facebook

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Popular Posts