VISUAL ARTS, POETRY, COMMUNITY ARTS, MEDIA & ADVERTISING
"My art is my search for the moments beyond the ones of self knowledge. It is the rhythmic fantasy; a restless streak which looks for its own fulfillment! A stillness that moves within! An intense search for my origin and ultimate identity". - Meena

Meena Chopra - Poetry and Art

Monday 7 February 2011

STILLNESS MOVES (Reading at Living Arts Centre - Mississauga during literary festival - 13th September 2009)

Distances fade,
a feeling
as if I touched
the limitless remains.
Quivering fingers
grasp the floating clouds,
they merge in me
as I in you.
The hues of blue
disappear in each other,
when the sky re-emerges,
beneath to above
getting wet by the fresh rain.

My feet soaked
embedded in sand
leave impressions
strong enough
wiping off the tidal waves
that strike
the climax within.
Sand slips away
under my feet.
A Stillness moves inside me.

Duality will remain
I know,
separating me from you,
yet a dream is instilled,
I pulsate
yearn--
to be fecundated
by the distant you.
© Meena Chopra
(From collection"Ignited Lines". This poem had received Honourable Mention from Mississiauga Library System.)

1 comment:

Kusum Soni said...

Highly Divine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My links at facebook

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Popular Posts