MEENA CHOPRA: Artist, Author, Educator, Comunity Outreach and Media
- As an Artist and Poet
She is an internationally acclaimed poet & visual artist & has held several art exhibitions around the world. Her paintings are in the collection of government bodies, corporates & individuals in many countries. She has authored four multilingual poetry books which are in English, Hindi & Urdu. Her poetry has been translated in German also.
As an artist educator she implements an arts-infused approach in developing the potential of every child and adult.
As a community developer, she has produced & directed many art events with a motto of "bringing the communities & cultures together on a common platform thru arts".
- As Advertising, Marketing & Media professional & Entrepreneur
She is also an energetic, entrepreneurial, dedicated, seasoned, Advertising, Marketing & Media professional with an intense background & hardcore experience of over 20 years in working with diverse ethinicity, multicultural markets & communities (of east and west both), both as an advertising, marketing & media professional, also as a community advocate and builder through education and art programs.
- Social media and Media Consultancy - StarBuzz
- Past Producer & Host: Radio Shehnai at CJMR 1320AM (11pm-12pm week nights)
- Director: Hindi Writers' Guild(Canada)
- Event Director - "UNITY IN DIVERSITY" Childrens' Art Competition
- Past Chair - Carassauga Festival of Cultures, India Pavilion 2011
- Director - Cross Currents - Indo Canadian International Arts
- Past Co-Chair - Streetsville Art Fest 2009, Mississauga
- Past Director: LEARNA HEARTLAND EDUCATION CENTRE, Mississauga, Canada.
- Past Secretary: Poetry Club of India
- Artist Educator - (Implementing an arts-infused approach in developing the potential of every child and adult)
- Independent Artist, Poet & Artist Educator
- Past Director: Bhumeeka Advertising, New Delhi India(1985 - 2004)
- Past Fashion Designer & Coordinator: Orient Craft Ltd(1977 to 1985)
- Twitter Handle - @meenachopra
EDUCATION: Running and managing "Learna Heartland Education Centre" in Mississauga successfully for past four years. The centre offers after school learning programs along with many other activities.
Artist Educator: She is a qualified artist educator(Learning Through the Arts) from The Royal Conservatory School (The RCM) Ontario, which means to implement an arts-infused approach in developing the potential of every child and adult.She holds special 'Art Classes' for kids and adults on Sundays. MENTORSHIP: She mentors students using her vast experience and knowledge, She has also been a mentor in India with Bharatiya Yuva Shakti Trust (Organization for the upliftment of small entrepreneurs which is an offshoot of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), founded by Late JRD Tata, a pioneering industrialist and philanthropist and founding father of the Tata Group of Industries, now also known for the Nano car)
COMMUNITY ADVOCACY: She has been intensely involved in community building work throughout.
• She represented Canada internationally as the representative of "Hindi Writers' Guild of Canada" in New Delhi, India in 7th International Hindi Celebration Meet in December 2008. The event was organized by Akshram in association with ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations). • She has also represented India in the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Artists Meet, New Delhi in December 2002.
• She has been on the volunteer board of many organizations like , Co-Chair Streetsville Art Fest 2009, Streetsville Art Fest 2009 -PR and visual art juror, board of Directors- North American Desi Idol. A Reality Talent Show for dance and singing of South Asians, Secretary Poetry Club of India, Chair Carassauga Fesival of Cultures - India Pavilion.
• For business she has been member – FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) member – CII (Confederation of Indian Industry, the apex body of Indian Industry).Member Young Managers Committee. Member Canada India Committee
• She has been on the panel of judges on various occasions for Debates, Fashion Shows, Beauty Contests, Choreography, and Children’s Art Competitions. Juror of Art Shows.
• Co-founder of CROSS CURRENTS Indo Canadian International Arts which has a mission of embracing diverse cultures and origins and bringing them on a common platform through arts there by ‘taking arts beyond boundaries’. The organization has had several successful art events in the past managed by her with team of volunteers.
• Meena Chopra is also passionately involved in community arts and has directed many art events and curated many art exhibitions. She has developed events like "UNITY IN DIVERSITY Children`s Art Competition" which happens every year in GTA and children look forward to it. "BEYOND BOUNDARIES International Arts Festival" which happens once in every two years and is designed in such a way that the communities come on a common platform through arts. These programs have been developed under the aegis of CROSS CURRENTS Indo Canadian International Arts with the community support and by the help of city, art councils, libraries and the provincial government.
• Meena Chopra, in recognition of her contribution to the unity in diversity, has been the recipient of ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for ‘Outstanding Service and Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness’ in 2006 from Peel Community Connections (Multicultural Inter Agency of Peel Canada)
• Meena Chopra has been acknowledged and recognized by Hon`ble Jason Kenney PC, MP, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism for her work in the community development.
• Meena Chopra was also recognized by Hon`ble Member of Parliament Mr Navdeep Bains, MP Canada, as a powerful bridge builder "
• She received Honourable Mention for her poetry from Mississauga Library System, Canada.
• She was nominated for prestigious MARTY'S Awards, Canada.
ART & POETRY: An accomplished artist, Meena Chopra, has exhibited her art in many countries with over 15 group and about 10 solo art exhibitions. These include India, England and Canada. Her paintings are with many Corporations, Government Bodies, Embassies, Hotels and Private Collections in India, Canada, Australia, England, Switzerland, Dubai and many other countries. Few of her paintings are also with Aisha al Sabah, a princess of the royal family of Kuwait.
• She has been Past Secretary, Poetry Club of India before coming to Canada. For business she has been member – FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) member – CII (Confederation of Indian Industry, the apex body of Indian Industry).Member Young Managers Committee. Member Canada India Committee.
BOOKS• She has authored two poetry books in English and multilingual languages.
MEDIA AND ADVERTISING: She has had an intense career in advertising for 19 years. She was running and managing a New Delhi (India) based advertising agency successfully from 1985 till 2004, before she moved to Canada.
She is an energetic, entrepreneurial, dedicated, Advertising, Marketing & Media professional with an intense background & hardcore experience of over 20 years in working with diverse ethinicity, multicultural markets & communities (of east and west both), both as an advertising, marketing & media professional, also as a community advocate and builder through education and art programs.
During her career accomplishments, she proficiently planned, developed & executed strategies for new product launches, brand re-positioning research & corporate identity programs. She has working knowledge of all types of businesses that include Industrial, Business, Recruitment, Financial, Shops and Showroom advertising. Also proficient in Films, Audio Visuals, Demonstrations, Designing & Printing, Direct Mail campaigns, Public Relations, Press Conferences, Exhibitions, Events, Stalls & Outdoor Advertising.
Social Media Optimization and blogging
Media Plan Optimization, Competitive Benchmarking, Consumer & Market Profiling
Diversity in communities/Unity in Diversity
Ethnic Marketing / Multicultural Marketing
Arts Events in community building
Meena Chopra is now settled in Mississauga, Canada, for 10 years after migrating from New Delhi India. She hails from Nainital, a hill resort in India. She has had several art exhibitions in many countries, which includes India, Canada, England. An avid reader of prose and poetry, she writes both in English and her native language Hindi. Her first collection of English poems, "Ignited Lines" was published in 1996 was released in London, England the same year. Her poems have been published in many national and inter-national journals. They have also been translated into German by Carla Kraus, a well known Austrian author.
She represented Canada in New Delhi India in 7th Inter-National Hindi Celebration Meet in December 2008 organized by Akshram in association with ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations). She has also represented India in the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Artists Meet, New Delhi in December 2002. She received Honourable Mention at Poetry Writing Contest 2003 held by the Mississauga Library System Canada when she landed in Canada.
Her paintings are with many Corporations, Government Bodies, Embassies, Hotels and Private Collections in India, Canada, Australia, England, Switzerland, Dubai and many other countries
She qualified as a textile and fashion designer and worked in this industry for seven years, then got into advertising. She has had an intense career in advertising for twenty years and was running an advertising agency in New Delhi, India. Now she runs an Entertainment & Life Style news weekly called "STARBUZZ" along with her husband in GTA, Canada and also managed an after school learning centre in Mississauga by the name of “LEARNA HEARTLAND CENTRE”. The centre offers after school learning programs along with many other activities.